Las Vegas, Nevada – Defying odds, Frankie Edgar picks up a split decision win over Pedro Munhoz in his first bantamweight match at the closed-door UFC on ESPN 15 event in the UFC Apex.
38-year-old Frankie Edgar shrugged the talks that he is a fighter that is a shell of himself after winning over the fifth-ranked bantamweight Pedro Munhoz. The match went to a full five rounds as “The Answer” earned the nod of most of the judges to earn the split decision win.
“Three weight classes and I proved that I can compete with the best at 38,” said the former lightweight champion.
“I don’t want to hear nothing from anybody.”
Also in the main card, Mike Rodriguez finished Marcin Pranchinio at the 2:17 mark in the first round with a KO through elbow and punches.
Joe Soleski earned a sumbission win by putting Austin Hubbard in a rear-naked choke in the first round while Shana Dobson also won her match against Mariya Agapova by TKO in the second round.
UFC on ESPN 15 card results
- Frankie Edgar def. Pedro Munhoz via split decision (48-47, 46-49, 48-47)
- Mike Rodríguez def. Marcin Prachnio via first-round TKO (strikes)
- Joe Solecki def. Austin Hubbard via first-round submission (standing rear-naked choke)
- Shana Dobson def. Mariya Agapova via second-round TKO (strikes)
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Dwight Grant via first-round TKO (strikes)